Friday, March 4, 2011

Today's Project

It's all about phalanges today. I'm going to use my Christmas/Birthday present, a new Dremel, to drill holes in the toe bones from my second found fox so I can make more Dancing Phalanges earrings. At four pairs sold, they're officially my best seller, so gotta keep those stocked! This is my most recent pair, and if you click the pic you'll find a link in my listing for a cute video snippet on YouTube.

Dancing Phalanges


I also currently have more pieces molding for some kind of silver toe bones and claws creation, maybe a necklace and earrings set. These are from a king penguin, and the biggest claw is over an inch long! I made the mistake of not using enough molding compound in an effort to conserve, so I actually had to roll some extra onto the bottom of four of the molds to thicken them. A phalanx had gone through one, but it seems to have made a nice seamless patch and hopefully won't affect the surface of the silver. Anyway, here's the set in the lovely blue silicone compound. You can see how good I am at keeping my nails from digging into it.


I woke up this morning to a nice surprise, and I hope you'll take a few moments to check it out in support of the curator and all the wonderful Etsy shops. Thank you for reading, and have a great day!


2 comments:

Amy Nicole said...

I love seeing the molds! I would really like to try molding some day. Great treasury too!

Ronnie said...

No wonder you are in 90,000 treasuries. Your work is fascinating and fabulous! Ariah, my 7 year old grand daughter just told me to add the "fabulous part) :) She is really enjoying your blog, Kimberly. She loves the pictures of you with your pet tarantula on your head! Thank you for sharing with us. ~Ariah and Ronnie

Post a Comment

I love comments, please leave 'em! :)

My Dear Readers