Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday Morning Randomness

I'm sitting here expecting to have no internet access soon until who knows when, so I thought I'd do some writing to ease my anxiety. I'm probably getting all stressed for nothing, but the cable company is coming to check on our service today and they may be adding a new line to try to strengthen our signal. I'm doubtful that it will help, since these problems worsened after they updated their system. Probably need some work on my positive thinking today! I've already made coffee, checked my email, read some blogs, played a word game, did some photo work, renewed items on Etsy, re-fired and filed my new flying fox pendant, picked out a bead to start my planned new line of wire wrapped rings [yah!], completed my third Pay It Forward item, brought out the rats for visiting, and fed and treated my guppies [three have ick :( ]. I wake up too early!

Chris took his math final yesterday while I waited for him. We brought Eris, and I thought I'd avoid the usual understandable curiosity by taking a hike on some ungroomed trails through the woods behind our local YMCA. After conversations with both of the people that passed, I went back to the college to sit under a tree away from everyone. Twenty minutes later, after a conversation with a student that lasted almost as long, I moved into the car with her and waited for over an hour. I'm not complaining, except I got very cramped! I actually think it's pretty cool that so many people are interested in snakes and are willing to approach despite her size. Two of the three wanted to pet her, and she tried to climb up one poor guy's pant leg!

Eris inspecting a fallen tree on our walk
 

Same tree from a distance - I just thought it looked neat having fallen on the power line


I did try making a mold of a polymer clay maker's mark/quality tag, but that was a big bust! Even after I finally managed to not bubble the Sculpey during firing, the molding compound got stuck in the tiny etchings I made. Maybe I'll make a little custom-shaped mold so I can create PMC tags to etch directly onto until I can get metal stamps. I'd love a little dragonfly to go with my shop theme, but I should probably stop making things difficult on myself. Okay, off for now - hope everyone has a great day!

4 comments:

kwkmjk said...

Glad the ISP/cable folks finally admitted they have a problem and cancelled the "repair" trip to us this AM...we shall see if things improve. Have my doubts too, but at least it is working right now.

No hope staying "incognito" when you have Eris along..she is quite a draw, isn't she. Sorry you had to hide in the car for so long.

Seems like you have done a lot already today, good for you ! I have not been nearly as productive.

Love the pics...do not love the downed wire !!! YIKES!

Hugs - Maman

ticc said...

Gosh, I sure have missed out on a lot of good things while I was out. :O) I'm currently playing catch up with the blogs, and see I have a lot to catch up on. I just wanted to stop by, say hi and thank you for the thoughts and well wishes last week. Hope you are doing well, and I will be back soon to read, and see all the wonderful pictures I have missed.

Have a wonderful day!!!!

Val's Dragonfly Whimsy said...

That is one unusual pet and I can understand why people would stop by and want a chat and a feel and a great big look, I know I would!!!

Enjoy your weekend hon :D

Kim said...

Thank you, Maman! :) Now that I've gotten brave enough to check again, it seems fine... still need to try FB though!

Susan - it's so nice to hear from you again here, thank you! :D I have my own catching up to do, including writing you back finally, which I hope to get to today. You're so sweet to keep up w/ my goings-on & I'm just about to head over to see what you've been up to. :)

Val - thank you so much for your comment! I can go on about Eris if I let myself. :D About to head over & see what's been going on in your world too! :)

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend so far!

Post a Comment

I love comments, please leave 'em! :)

My Dear Readers