Saturday, May 29, 2010

Featured on a Favorite!

I haven't been feeling very inspired to write lately; in fact this is the first time I've even visited my blog since I last posted almost two weeks ago. I'm so glad I made it over today, because I had such a nice surprise waiting for me! One of my favorite bloggers and the wonderfully talented artist behind The Sage's Cupboard on Etsy, Mortira, has just featured my blog on her aptly-named Inspirational Beading blog! I have to admit to feeling flattered since I admire her beadwork as well as her writing, and I can tell from reading regularly that we have many interests in common. Mostly, though, I'm truly touched by her kind words. I hope you'll take the time to have a good look around Mortira's blog and her shop - there's much beauty to be found at both.

Another surprise that greeted me here this morning was finding that I've posted only six times this month. I was a little disappointed with myself until I realized that this has also been one of my most productive months creatively. I've made and listed several new items, am currently working on four projects, and have initiated a couple of changes in my shop. Since I started this blog to help me focus on becoming productive again, I've decided not to be too hard on myself about the lack of posting! Also, my mom brought up the point that a lot of my new items feature components that I've made myself, and I'm taking that as a good sign. Below are some of my new listings, just click the pics if you'd like a closer look!

Darker, My Love


 Lily


Transformation



As far as shop changes, I've expanded my Curiosities/OsteoWear section, and now have Finger and Wrist sections. My necklaces are now listed by color in ROY G [red, orange, yellow, green], BIV [blue, indigo, violet], and Neutrals. I also wanted  to mention that I've closed my Zibbet shop because I decided it's best for me to focus on only one shop. And to end the jewelry talk is a big project I'm working on - the creation of quality tags for each of my necklaces and bracelets! I ordered letter and quality stamps, and have made two tags using fine silver bezel strip. I definitely need practice, but I have attached one already, which you can see on the necklace in my shop if you click this closeup:


I do have some things lined up here to try to help me remain inspired to post again. There's another project I want to mention, a wonderful nature photographer I had hoped to feature last week, and a blog award I'm looking forward to finally posting about. It almost sounds like I have a plan! Susan and Alex, if you see this, I  haven't forgotten you and I will write soon. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend! :)

7 comments:

littlecherryhill said...

Your work is great Kim! And those tags are a great idea too. Enjoy your creative time and don't worry about the blogging side of things, many bloggers are going through that 'haven't posted for ages' patch, myself included. Hope you are well and have a great weekend ahead! X X

kwkmjk said...

Good morning!
Glad to see this posting !! Good for you on all counts. Keep up the great work.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Beautiful creations! I especially love the Darker, My Love necklace. :) Theresa

Kim said...

Emma - thank you so much! The tags are fun, and it gives me good practice for possibly making stamped jewelry soon. :D It's funny that we always seem to have similar posting cycles, though you've been a bit better than me lately!

Maman - still plugging away! It's great just to have a head full of ideas again. Things are more 'normal' - several things going at once, half of them not getting done! :D

Theresa - aw, thank you! It's been a while since I've made a fully linked necklace like that. I had almost forgotten how much fun it was & I felt very out of practice! I hope to make a gunmetal one next. :)

I hope you're all enjoying your Sunday & your Sunday night, Emma. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Naomi said...

As always Kim, you're an inspiration!!
Your new designs are beautiful, and your Transformation necklace is a work of art...wow! I love it :o)
Thank you for pointing us in the direction of The Sage's Cupboard too, what an amazing lady.
Keep up the great work and have a wonderful week :0)

Kim said...

Aw, Naomi, thank you so much! I'm so glad you like my Transformation, since that one is kind of special to me & I really value your opinion. :) I'd love to be able to do beadweaving so I could mimic her pattern, but it's beyond me! Maybe someday I'll give it another go. I hope you're doing well, and it's wonderful as always to hear from you!

ticc said...

Hi Kim!!! Beautiful pieces, you always produce wonderful pieces of jewelry. The tag looks good. Hope all is well, and have a wonderful day!!!

Post a Comment

I love comments, please leave 'em! :)

My Dear Readers