Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Little Appreciation

This one could get pretty long if I tried to get into specifics, so I just want to take a moment to express my gratitude for all the support I've been given over the last few months. I'm overwhelmed by how kind and generous everyone has been. Every bit of it is appreciated - the hearts left at my Etsy, the fanning on Facebook, the followers here on my blog, all the supportive comments & advice, the help promoting my items & shop, the purchases & trades, and the wonderful conversations we've had. I'm trying to think of the best way I can show my appreciation to everyone, but for now I hope a simple 'thank you' will suffice. Is there anything in particular you would like to see offered as a more tangible thanks? I'm still not sure how to handle this, but right now I'm open to suggestions, so please leave them!

I'm still in the process of removing items from eBay, and now I'm taking things down that are being watched as well. I have a lot of work to do on my Zibbet shop, such as adding items! Zibbet is still offering Premium Accounts at a discounted rate of $8/month for life and there are currently 151 spots available, so you might want to take a look! If you decide you'd like to give them a try and use me as a referral, they'll give me $1/month off my own membership fees. All you have to do is use the image link in my sidebar when you go to sign up. :)

I've also finally added a scrolling Etsy shop widget to my sidebar, thanks to my mom's prompting. I decided to leave my Etsy mini page in case anyone wants to take a quick look at a bunch of listings. I'm getting grumpy about my crowded sidebar again, but I'm not sure what to do about it. I tried taking Eris' second birthday picture down, but I wasn't happy with that change!

I have to tell a quick Eris story which I did put on my Facebook page yesterday, but you may not have seen it and it was just so cool! She went with me to the store yesterday, and when I came out to the car there was an elderly woman waiting for me. She immediately started exclaiming about how beautiful Eris is and asking questions about what kind of snake she is, how long she is, how long we've had her, what her natural environment is, etc. In the course of our conversation I found out this woman is 93 years-old! I thought it was pretty amazing that she wasn't afraid and was so interested in learning, and I only hope I still feel that way when I'm her age! Hope everyone has a great day!

6 comments:

Vee* said...

hey sweetie you have over 50 followers! way to go!
I like the scrolling etsy bar... i still have to do so much work on my blog.. like write in it. :) haven't even attempted to figuire out how to move things and add things...
you've come a long way chicy!
I will be signing up for zibbet real soon and yes you'll be a referal.
hope you have a good day!
me*

threadsofmagique said...

You're welcome, Kim! It's been fun getting to know you a little. Personally, I think a heartfelt thank you like this is better than any giveaway. Take care!

Jules - Black Heart Jewellery said...

You're welcome & just your friendship and support is enough thanks. You are so wonderful!

Good luck on Zibbet. I've been there since July 2009 and it's been great watching it grow. Especially recently with the boom of new sellers signing up. I have 2 shops there & only pay $2 per month for both of them. It's brillant!

Loved hearing about the 93 y.o lady & Eris. My neighbour is 88 & she's still lively and so great to talk to. My girls love hearing all of her memories from years ago.

Big hugs
Jules xo

littlecherryhill said...

Kim, I think YOU have been the wonderful support! And how can I thank YOU??!! :) xx xx Hope you have a fantabulous day sweetie!

Kim said...

Vee - thanks much, sweetie! Anything I can do to help, I will certainly try my best! And you may not write all the time, but when you do it's meaningful & interesting, so you have nothing to worry about. :)

Donna - I'm really enjoying getting to know you too & you've been so sweet! Thank you about the giveaway - still going to work on it though. :D

Jules - Thank you... :) I'm so glad we met - you're such a kind person & you totally inspire me w/ all these shops, FB, Twitter & the blog! I didn't realize you'd been on Zibbet for that long & can't believe it's only $2 for both your shops! Your neighbor sounds cool & it's wonderful that your girls appreciate her stories. I used to do Meals on Wheels, delivering food to older people who were housebound or just needed some extra help & it was the best!

Kim said...

Emma - oh look, you commented while I was writing! Aw, you absolutely have thanked me & there's really no need - you've been a wonderful support to me too & I'm so happy we met! I've always wanted to go to Australia & now I'm so lucky to have 2 friends there. It would be awesome if we could all get together some day! And I kind of can't believe I just said that considering my overwhelming fear of flying, but I guess you never know! :)

Post a Comment

I love comments, please leave 'em! :)

My Dear Readers