Tuesday, April 27, 2010

'A' for Effort?

Sometimes with depression, no matter what you do, your mood is off. Today I'm feeling very low and unmotivated, so I thought I'd just do what I can and share some photos from my walk yesterday. My mom and I went to Hovey Pond rather than the river because we wanted to see how their gardens are starting to develop. This beautiful guy posed for us on our way in. Could be a better pic, but it's probably the best I've ever gotten of a bird!


I couldn't believe how huge the Bleeding Hearts are already


I can't remember ever seeing Narcissus in this particular creamy color, but I love it!


There were at least five varieties of Viola, including these tricolors, or Johnny Jump Ups


And two unknowns to me - typically I'd hunt for what they are, but I'm just not up to it today
 

Before I run away, I really want to thank Susan of Trouble Ink/Crafty Crafts and Arien of Victorian Scarlett Designs for being kind enough to include me in their beautiful new treasuries! I hope you're able to take a couple of minutes to browse through all the shops, including those of the thoughtful and very talented curators. Below are the screen captures, which link directly to the treasuries.




If my mood improves, I hope to do some blog reading today and hop onto Facebook so I can say hello to everyone, but if that doesn't happen I'll try again tomorrow! I hope everyone enjoys their Tuesday. :)

11 comments:

Naomi said...

I think you deserve an A+ for effort AND content!! Sending you Big Hugs and sharing my smile :o) Naomi xx

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Gorgeous photos! Looking at lovely flowers will ALWAYS brighten one's mood. :) I actually saw a red-winged blackbird this weekend. My first one, if you can believe that! Congrats on your treasuries! Theresa

Vee* said...

Hey sweetheart! i'm here if you need to write.
It's okay to have a off day once in awhile, it's part of depression, but it's also even more so part of being human. It let's us know we are alive.
You still wrote a blog AND you took and posted pics!! YAH! <3
you know i adore you so...
now off to get dressed..
hey it's like the "Vacation" days i had when i could talk to you all the time... (i miss that part dearly) .. because i'm sitting in my towel just out of the shower... lol
k. talk to you soon i promise
me*

Vee* said...

P.s I REALLY want a sideshow bar for my blog (which has not been loved in FOREVER) and a linkie link to your shop.. i'd make one, but you had to make mine..lol

Amy Nicole/RubyMtnBeads said...

I know what you mean about being depressed.... You got some great pictures of the flowers! Thanks for sharing.

Kim said...

Thanks so much Naomi, Theresa, Vee & Amy! It's another one of those days, but your comments just started my morning off so nicely. :) Thank you for taking the time, and I hope you're all enjoying your day so far. <3

littlecherryhill said...

Hey Kim, you know you aren't alone when it comes to those days babe! So a big virtual bloggy hug to you :) Love that bird too, wow what fab red shoulders he has! I have also put you in my first Treasury East it's on my blog and FB page :) xx

Victorian Scarlett Designs said...

Go for a walk outside is good for you :) I hope you're feeling somewhat better now again, depression is not at all a nice thing to battle. Thank you so much for your kind words and for adding the Treasury to your blog :) You took some very nice pictures by the way, I'd love to hear what sort of a plant the first pictured unknown plant is (I have no idea either). Please get well soon, you deserve a happy life!

ticc said...

Hope you are feeling much better today. Some days can be blah, but the best part you can always pick yourself up, and keep going on. Lots of (((hugs))) your way. Gosh the pictures are so beautiful. I have a downfall when it comes to flowers and plants. LOL. Thanks so much for sharing them.

You're very welcome Kim!!! I enjoy making treasuries so I can show off some wonderful people and their things.

Have a wonderful day and weekend!!! :OD

Kim said...

Wow, it's been a while since I've been back here! Emma, Arien & Susan, thank you so very much for your kind comments - they really mean a lot to me & just hearing from you guys cheers me up! The treasuries are a bonus! :D I'm glad you enjoyed the pics & I'm hoping to get myself back to regular postings, especially if this internet connection of mine could stop making life difficult!

compost said...

Love the pictures of the bleeding hearts!

Post a Comment

I love comments, please leave 'em! :)

My Dear Readers