Nature is amazing. That was my brilliant understatement of the day. The little sprouts don't seem to have done much, but I'd say that's because most of the plant's energy is being diverted to the main growth. It even appears that the Blue Butterfly Delphinium may be trying to grow a new shoot. That one lost all of its leaves in the cat attack, and it's been such a tough one for me to get started from seed that I'd be very surprised if it picks up. Although not one of the plants assaulted, for those who may be interested, here's a pic of how the Purple Oxalis has developed over the last 6 weeks:
In jewelry news, I was able to get some molds made yesterday using the Mold-n-Pour compound I ordered! It's pretty cool stuff and very easy to use. You just grab an equalish pinch from each of the two containers of compound, quickly knead and roll them together until the color is even, then press your item into the resulting mixture. It's a self-healing material, so you can't use it for making a negative/positive mold, but I'm really happy with the results so far for one-part molds!
Along the top of the photo, you can see the beginnings of my experiments with painting a homemade PMC paste onto a couple of things. I made the paste by mixing my scrapped Chauncey earrings with water, but you can also purchase it at Precious Metal Clay suppliers such as Cool Tools. Buying a premade paste will initially give you a bit more control over your results because the mixture is standard and shrinkage percentage is already calculated, but I really love experimenting! Also, that's a lot of money for me to spend right now on something I have no idea I'll even be successful at. Better and more fun to see if I can work out the kinks with what I already have. The items I used are two pieces of Eris' most recently shed skin [from the night before last!] and one side of what I think is a locust tree seed pod, which Chris and I collected on our walk yesterday. I painted the shed on each of the sides to see what looks better. All of them are about halfway done, which means they require three or four more layers of the paste before I can fire. I may end of with a melted pile of fine silver, but maybe in that case I can hammer it out, shape it and use it to begin my next experiment - riveting!
Lots of Etsy convos to reply to today after more than a day almost completely away from the computer. In addition to that, I have a very long [for me] list of projects, including setting up my profile at the Handmade Artists' Forum. It's all still quite overwhelming to me, and I need to take many breaks throughout the day, so I'm not as productive as I'd like to be. A break usually means sitting down with Chris and/or the rats [Helen and Magda], cats [Kali and Subra] or Eris. Sometimes it means doing some plant work or just laying down for a nap or to stare blankly at the TV [not a preference]. Still, in comparison to all those years of depression and physical and mental inactivity, I really am getting so much accomplished! Hope everyone has a great day!