Friday, March 26, 2010

Very Vee* on Etsy

This post is special to me, because today I'm finally featuring the work of my very good friend, the multi-talented Vee of Very Vee* on Etsy. I've mentioned her enough in my posts that anyone who has been reading for a little while knows what a source of support and inspiration Vee has been for me. We met very soon after I opened my shop on Etsy, and I saw immediately that she was someone I'd enjoy getting to know. This was a big deal for me because after years of depression and self-imposed isolation, the mere thought of social interaction of any kind was awkward and anxiety-ridden at best; terrifying and debilitating at worst. Somehow Vee understood and always made me feel comfortable, never judging, but always supporting. She challenges me, but doesn't push, and most importantly she makes me smile. She encouraged me to start blogging again and to start my Facebook account, both of which scared me and have been so helpful for me to do.

I quickly discovered this is a woman who can do anything she puts her mind to, creatively and otherwise. She is self-taught, and just in the time I've known her she has learned how to do beautiful amigurumi and has expanded her shop to include those items and a selection of bookmarks she is now making as well. Here are just some examples of Vee's work, with photos that link to her listings:

On a Dark Night


Winter Wonderland Charm Bracelet


Beatrice Bunny & Calvin the Cuddly Koala


I've ordered from Vee as well, and she's very focused on making her customers happy. She ships right away, packages beautifully, and doesn't neglect the personal touches that always make receiving an order special. I hope you'll take the time to check out her Etsy shop, as well as her Facebook fan page & her blog. Spread some love while you're there, she will return it!

Thanks for reading, and I hope everyone has a great day!

9 comments:

littlecherryhill said...

Thank You Vee for encouraging Kim to blog again and join Facebook, otherwise I may never have met such a lovely person!

Kim said...

What a sweet thing to say, Emma, thank you! I've absolutely enjoyed knowing you too!

Arctida said...

Such s great way to thank a friend! her work is beautiful! I hope you're enjoying your weekend as well :)

Kim said...

It is & she's a sweetie. And thank you, my weekend's been a nice one so far! :)

Vee* said...

Kim, my dear- you make me teary eyed.
I've read this a couple of times and really it just leave me speechless. I was cleaning out my email tonight and OMG we've only been talking since jan?! So, like three months. You've done so much of for yourself and your business in just that short amount of time!
I too have made progress, even if it seems slow it adds up.
If i never sold another thing I'd still be happy and blessed and know it was worth all the work just meet a amazing, inspirational, intellegent, creative, and strong woman! Not to meantion your editing skills :)
You've helped me become more of who I truely am and words could never express this.
You are in my heart forever. thank you sweetheart.

Kim said...

Argh, and now it's time for me to get all teary! :) I know, it really hasn't been that long & you have made amazing progress too. I just have a lot more home-time! And I'm right w/ you - I feel lucky already. Sales are awesome, but they aren't what's really important. <3

ticc said...

What a great article to show a friend thank you, and she definitely does beautiful work. So glad that she inspired you to keep up your blogging, or I wouldn't have been able to run across such a wonderful person and friend. Hope you had a wonderful weekend, and have a great day!!!

Kim said...

Aw, thank you, and I feel the same way! You've been such a sweetheart & I always look forward to hearing from you. I hope your weekend was good to you - bet things have been pretty quiet the last couple of days! :)

ticc said...

You are very welcome. Awwww, thanks Kim. Glad things have been going well.

Post a Comment

I love comments, please leave 'em! :)

My Dear Readers