Tuesday, March 2, 2010

New Scrivener Rat!

A few days ago I received a custom order in the mail from Scrivener's Retreat, and I just had to share it here. Shop owner Natalie specializes in making stuffed toys for pets and people, as well as bedding and tunnels for ferrets, cats, rats and probably any other playful burrowing critter you can think of. Particularly impressive is that she somehow manages to make dead animals and pieces of meat look so cute! Photos link to listings...

Colorful Dead Birds Toys


Stuffed Steak Meat Toy


Aside from her obvious talent and creativity, one of the things that's great about Natalie's shop is that it was all inspired by her love for her first ferret, Bartleby. Can't beat that for motivation!

My order from Scrivener's Retreat was a stuffed rat for my girls, Magda and Helen. Thanks to Natalie for providing it complete with alive-looking eyes. Here are a couple of pics of them inspecting their new friend, before promptly chewing off half of one of those all-important eyes. I do so love them!

Helen peeking out from their porta-bed


Helen in front, Magda burrowing under their new friend


Again, excuse the horrid pics until I get my editing software. Hope you'll check out Scrivener's Retreat and show some love to a great shop and fellow Etsian!

6 comments:

kwkmjk said...

all I can say is aawwwwww...so cute !

KSK said...

Yep, much cute at that shop! And of course the ratties too!

Scrivener's Retreat said...

Thank you for posting such a great review of my shop! I am glad you and your babies loved the alive rat. I hope they aren't wondering why their new friend has no hind legs or movements.

KSK said...

Haha, they don't seem to mind one bit! When they aren't tackling it, they're actually sleeping on it in their bed - way too cute! And I'm happy to spread the word. :)

ticc said...

Aaawww, how cute. They look so cute with their new friend. Thanks for sharing. :O)

Kim said...

Aw, glad you enjoyed the pics! :)

Post a Comment

I love comments, please leave 'em! :)

My Dear Readers