Monday, March 8, 2010

A New Day

The last couple of days haven't been the best for me. Nothing particular, just a touch of the blues maybe. My motivation has been down and I've felt very unsure about my jewelry, my shop, myself. It happens sometimes to everyone, but for me it carries an extra implication, which is that it could be a sign of an upcoming depression. I'm trying to stay focused on maintaining the little routine Ive set for myself: taking the head meds, making sure to eat, getting a little exercise, spending quality time with all my babies, and staying creative.

For the most part I've been successful - even finally got to work on my first bookmark yesterday. I also had a really nice chat with my friend Vee last night. It was the first time I've chatted in over a year, and it cheered me up to talk with her. I tend to be more comfortable when I have time to think about my responses, so phone conversations, chats and face-to-face talking can be stressful. It wasn't always that way for me, but I think once the bipolar depression really settled itself in, my thinking became just a little bit slower. I still feel a bit off this morning, but like every day, I'm working on it. The scene in the photo below is what greeted me upon my first look out the window this morning, so it's not all bad!

 

I have a walk by the river with my mom to look forward to a little later this morning, and a fresh pot of coffee brewing. Eris shed last night, so I'll be collecting that from her tank shortly for use in some of my vials. It was the cutest thing - as soon as she was done eating last night, on my way to putting her back into her tank, she started to push her nose into my arm. Chris and I couldn't figure out what she was up to, but it turned out she was trying to use me as a shedding aid! She had gotten the skin off her jaw by the time we got her back in to use her log. Wish I had gotten a pic, she looked so funny! It was also kind of nice to know she feels so comfortable with us that she would do something like that. Most snakes tend to get very grumpy and touchy during shedding time, but Eris is just a big sweet baby. A very big sweet baby... she's now about as long as I am tall, which is a not-so-imposing 5'2". I may be exaggerating on my height by about 1/4 of an inch. :D

Hope everyone has a great day!

6 comments:

littlecherryhill said...

Hi Kim, hope you are having a good day so far :)
Eris pushing her nose into your arm sounded sooo cute! You're not alone in the world of depression. My hobbies have been my savior and I dread to think what I would be like right now without being able to express myself through creativity. So big hugs to you! Hope your walk with your mum was a refreshing and relaxing journey! :)

Kim said...

Thanks so much Emma! Funny, I think we were posting at about the same time, then commenting to each other at the same time. Great minds think alike as my mom would say! :D

It's so important to get that creative energy out, it really has helped keep me on track as well. When I get down about sales I try to remind myself that making my jewelry is a great therapy & not a terribly expensive one in comparison. So glad you have your therapy too! Not news, but the arts really are in many cases terribly underappreciated & undervalued. Thanks for your support, it means a lot. Hugs back & I'm glad you're feeling better today too! :)

ticc said...

Good morning Kim!!!
Hope you are doing much better, and today is a lot better day for you. Hope you had a wonderful walk with your mom yesterday. That is so cool about Eris, and she is a big baby. :O) Hang in there, and hope you have a very wonderful day!!!

Kim said...

Aw, good morning! :) Your comment really cheered me up, thank you so much! The walk was beautiful, so many little birds flying around singing, making it look & sound like spring. Today didn't start out a lot better, but I'm hanging in there & you've brought a smile to my face. I hope you have a wonderful day too!

Vee* said...

I know i'm slow here.. but i liked our chat too:)
you always make me smile.. smilie. huh what would i do with out my editor? :)
seriously, even though i get so tired and worn out i love coming home and seeing what you've written me or what you have to say. even when you have a bad day and you tell me i smile bc i see that you have made such HUGE steps just since i've known you. Also, bc it's you and i love hearing from you!
I must sleep now.. but here i am.. a little slow, but haven't forgotten ya.
many hugz as always
*

Kim said...

Aw, thanks sweetie & you always cheer me up! It's wonderful to see you here - what do we talk like 3 different places now?! :D You're a huge part of the steps I've taken & the improvements I've been making every day & I really feel lucky to know you. <3

Post a Comment

I love comments, please leave 'em! :)

My Dear Readers