After an incredible first week on Facebook, I was pleasantly surprised [read, shocked!] when the lovely and talented Jules of Black Heart Jewellery passed along the Circle of Friends Blog Award to me. I first found Jules while I was on a hunt for jewelry with a gothic flair. I just can't remember exactly where, because I promptly visited all of her sites and bookmarked, hearted, fanned & favorited. If you know me, you know this is not typical behavior, but here are a couple of examples why [click pic to visit listing]:
Turquoise and Black Double Stranded Bracelet
Amethyst and Black Triple Stranded Necklace
Everyone on Facebook has been so kind to and supportive of me in my first few days there, and Jules is a perfect example. Not to mention she has awesome taste in music!
Now to the award - there are rules:1. Create the circle by sharing 5 things I love to do
2. Pass along the award to 5 bloggers from whom I would love to learn the same
I've chosen to leave making jewelry and spending time with my family off the list as givens, so here are my 5 things:
1. Feel - This is both basic and huge, because without it I would have none of the rest. I know because I've been there! Being alive is about feeling: emotionally, physically, and intuitively. When I feel I know I'm alive, and I'm very lucky that I can now say again that I'd rather feel even miserable than not at all. I'm even luckier that I can say I feel good more often than not.
2. Laugh - Related to 1, but definitely deserving of its own place in the list! I love to laugh, everything from a snort to a giggle to a full-on, gasping, tummy-straining fit. Yep, I snort. There's no doubt laughter is therapeutic, and I wouldn't necessarily argue against it being curative in some cases. Luckily I have a family that both loves to laugh and knows how to make me laugh. Every one of them has a great sense of humor, and when we're all together, we're that annoying group at the big table that probably makes you want to leave the restaurant.
3. Explore - I love to investigate places and ideas. Some of my favorite activities are hiking in the woods, walking along the train tracks or the river, exploring abandoned buildings, wandering through cemeteries, and driving down roads I don't know. I love to stop and observe, then move on to the next thing. If I'm stuck at home or hiding from the world [which I do often], I'm reading online or in a book, trying to learn about plants and animals, digging through forgotten beads, or going through bones from my collection and trying to figure out to what kind of animal they belonged and from which part of its body.
4. Spend quality time with my animals - Quality time means holding, petting, talking to or just sitting with them every day, and it's very important to me. It calms me, cheers me, energizes me, helps to stave off my depression and just generally makes me feel like I'm being a good "mother". Everyone gets attention every single day, including the fish.
5.Listen to music - I couldn't live without it! I'm almost always playing something when I make my jewelry, and I absolutely have to have music playing when I'm driving. Unless I'm having a hard time processing information on a particular day, I like to listen to something while I'm writing. Without music, the world would be a much duller, uglier place. I also love to sing, and my husband and I make up songs for each other and the animals all the time.
That's it! Thank you, Jules, for asking. :) The 5 people from whom I would love to hear the same are:
1. Vee of Very Vee*
2. Susan of Trouble Ink/Crafty Crafts
3. Emma of Little Cherry Hill
4. Kristin of Dream Bubbles Reverie
5. Emme of Gothic Soul Retreat
Off to let everyone know. Thanks so much for reading, and I hope you have a great day!