Friday, February 12, 2010

My First Etsy Treasury!

I expected this to be a Poster Sketch entry - thank you to the Inspirational Beading blog for giving me that idea, because I hadn't even thought of it. However, somehow I managed to catch a treasury slot last night despite my computer being repeatedly disconnected for no good reason. For anyone who doesn't spend too much of their time on Etsy like I probably do, the Treasury is a rotating collection of 12-item galleries created by members for the purpose of showcasing some of the wonderful items that can be found there. Any Etsy member can create a treasury, but slots are limited to 333, so it can be tricky catching one when it opens. The Poster Sketch is just a handy little tool you can use when creating your treasury so you can gather and organize your picks ahead of time.

I really think the Treasury is one of Etsy's best ideas. Shoppers can browse treasuries, which are often created based on themes such as colors, styles, or item types. Curators [the name given to members who create a treasury] get an opportunity to show their appreciation for shops they love by including them. And of course shops get the all-important exposure. Etsy administration regularly picks treasuries to feature on the front page, which can be quite a boost for sales. Anyway, here's my first treasury, which links directly while it's still up on the site:


All of these shops are worth a visit, so do check them out if you have time, and spread some love. :)

Plans for my day:
A walk near the Hudson River with my mom, hopefully complete with some wildlife sightings. We walk at a place called the Betar Byway - here it is with no snow & a link to the info page:


There's a huge family of squirrels we watch playing in the trees every time we go. Although I have yet to see him, my parents and quite a few other people have seen an albino squirrel there as well. It's also quite a haven for birds, among them some very noisy and beautiful Pileated Woodpeckers. Still on the lookout for a Bald Eagle, which can apparently be seen there as well. It's wonderful to have some back in the area after a long absence due to chemical contamination. Yep, I live in PCB land. Awesome.

3 comments:

kwkmjk said...

Awesome treasury news !!! great job!!
Love the Betar Byway ...so thanks for giving it some "love"..although, let's not spread the news too much...selfish, aren't I !!! Need to "get on the stick" for walking now. ;>

KSK said...

Thank you! It was fun to finally make a treasury & now I see why people say it can get addicting. Betar's beautiful, but that cracking ice was a bit creepy!

Vee* said...

I wish someone had explained that treasury to me that well. I just jumped right in. I didn't know about treasury west for over a year....
i think a lot of people don't know about it. i don't really understand about treasury west. It's hidden and doesn't have as many openings, but other than that it's the same. it says that it's "just a test and can disappear at any time" but really what is the thought or plan behind it? not that i want them to take it away...

Post a Comment

I love comments, please leave 'em! :)

My Dear Readers