Thursday, February 25, 2010

My 100th Item!

I try to offer a little more here than just what's going on at my shop, but I reached a couple of milestones yesterday that I'm pretty excited about. Also, I have time to just sit while my hair dyes, so I might as well be productive!

First, yesterday marked the end of my third month on Etsy! So far, I'm absolutely loving it there. It's not just less expensive to maintain than eBay, it's also much more personal, which better suits me. For less money than it costs to just list items for sale on eBay, I'm able to actually maintain my own little shop on Etsy, complete with categories of my choosing. I've also had the opportunity to meet some very nice and talented people, which never happened on eBay beyond the specifics of a transaction. Although I haven't had as many sales on Etsy as I did in my first three months of selling on eBay, I've gotten far more views on almost all of the same items up for twice as long on eBay. Also, most of my sales on eBay were for supplies and when I compare only my jewelry sales between the two, it's almost exactly the same in half as long. If I could afford it, I would list both places, but for now I'm continuing to remove my items from eBay as their listing times expire, leaving up only the ones people are "watching" - just in case.

Second milestone: yesterday I listed my 100th item! Technically I had already done that the day before, but I recently took one of my necklaces down to make some adjustments, so I'm not counting it. These are earrings to match my most recent necklace:

Emerald Isle Earrings


Off to rinse the hair - hope everyone has a great day!

3 comments:

Mortira said...

Congratulations on making it to 100! I've heard that it's a magic number on Etsy.

I've nominated you for the Sunshine Blog Award: http://inspirationalbeading.blogspot.com/2010/02/poster-sketch-power-of-sunshine.html

kwkmjk said...

Congratulations! Keep up the good work !

Know you are having computer problems right now, hope to see you back really soon.

ticc said...

Congratulations on your 100th item. You've really been going to town this week. :O) Very pretty earrings. Lots of luck!

Post a Comment

I love comments, please leave 'em! :)

My Dear Readers