Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Moving Along!

Working my way right through that list from a couple of days ago and adding things along the way, go me! I've now added an exhaustive [exhausting] "About Me" page here, link above. It's basically my Etsy profile rearranged a bit. Nothing exciting and certainly best for those who are desperately looking for something, anything, to read! Or maybe for those who really like to know who's behind the handmade items they're buying - I'm kind of like that myself.

I've also ordered my Moo cards! I went with 100 of the MiniCards and chose 8 different designs for the front. You can choose up to 100, but since I was utilizing their template to custom-fit each image, there was no way I was working on that many images. For the back, instead of using their templates, I created and uploaded my own image so I could use the font I like for all the text. My main worry about that is the text being large enough on those little cards, which are only 2.76" x 1.1". Guess we'll see! And yep, I entered my Etsy shop address correctly this time. :D

Lastly, I remade a pair of earrings I wasn't the most thrilled with the first time through. May have had something to do with the fact that I broke the bottom crystals during wire-wrapping... now I wish I'd saved the old images so I could fully show off my mistake. Since the beads are held on by wire that's hand hammered on the bottom, the sharp edges cut into the crystals. Now they sound dangerous, but I assure you they really aren't. Or maybe they are, but only because you'll look so awesome in them. Ha! I'm a nerd. Maybe I should start getting all sales-person-like in my listings, too bad it's just not me. Anyway, this time I used a simple loop to connect the beads to the link so I didn't put any pressure on the crystals. The wire is heavy gauge, so the loop will certainly suffice and despite having no comparison picture for you, I'm sure you can imagine they look better without the ground up crystals. I seem to be in some kind of a mood today. :D Here they are, photo links to listing:

Swarovski Fleur de Lis Earrings


Hope everyone has a great day!

4 comments:

kwkmjk said...

Very nice changes ! Amazed at your progress and recent productivity despite your challenges.

Love the new earrings.

Hope the Moo cards come soon !

KSK said...

Thank you, I am doing alright. Much better even. :) Can't wait for the Moos! Delivery date is supposed to be March 8th, so I'll have to be patient...

ticc said...

Very nice earrings. You did a great job in changing and redoing them. Have a great day.

KSK said...

Aw, thank you so much! It was worth the work for sure, I love those fleur de lis. I hope you have a great day too! :)

Post a Comment

I love comments, please leave 'em! :)

My Dear Readers