Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hearts for Haiti Blog

The dedicated Etsy Hearts for Haiti team have now started the Hearts for Haiti blog, where you can find information and updates about the shop, its volunteers and its donors. The greatest news is that the first donation of $5,000 has been made! You can view the receipt from the certified check on the blog now, and acknowledgement letters from Doctors Without Borders will be posted as they arrive. Not only does this give donors and buyers confirmation of the legitimacy of the shop, it provides a concrete representation of the fruits of so many people's labor. The money raised so far at the shop approaches $12,500 [I'm sure more as I write], so there are more donations to be made, and the establishment of the blog indicates the shop will be going for a while. Great news!

I'm also very excited that I reached my own little milestone two days ago when my shop hit 100 hearts just as I was nearing my two month anniversary at the site! I've no idea what that means in the overall scheme of things at Etsy, if anything, but it doesn't matter because it just makes me feel good! It's a bit of very helpful and much-needed encouragement to continue what I'm doing. A big thank you to everyone who has spread the Etsy love my way!

The only sad news in my personal life is that my hamster died today, but even that had its positive side. It's obvious that she went in her sleep, so she didn't suffer, which was the best I could have hoped for her at this point. RIP, Gusta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, please leave 'em! :)

My Dear Readers