Thursday, January 14, 2010

Finally!

I've managed to get a picture I can be proud of! Or I may just be crazy, but I was astounded by the sharpness of this one, and I'm still not sure how I actually achieved it.



If you'd like to see my Etsy listing, just click on the pic. I'd love feedback about the image [or the earrings], but I'm thinking this is the kind of thing to strive for in my photos.

I'm anxiously awaiting some supplies - I have no patience! I was able to reinvest money from the sale of one of my necklaces on eBay, plus I got some much-appreciated Christmas money. I've ordered some staples - earwires and the like, as well as a small selection of Swarovski crystals. I ordered a couple of colors I haven't used before, so I can't wait to see how they are in person. The "new" colors are crystal moonlight and vintage rose.



The image is a composite I made from the pictures at Artbeads.com, which is where I placed my order. I've ordered from them several times now, and have been very happy every time. Shipping is free, they have good prices, and everything I have recieved from them has been excellent quality. I've never bought gemstones from them, but that's always a tricky endeavor and I'm still looking for a quality gemstone supplier.

3 comments:

Angie's Design Shop said...

Your picture looks great, and the earrings are beautiful!!!

I haven't ordered from Artbeads, so far only Fire Mountain Gems and Atlantic Gems. So far so good. I get so excited for my orders to come in too!

Anonymous said...

The picture is great, almost captures how beautiful your work is "in person".
Think the new colors are perfect for Spring & Summer wear.

KSK said...

Thank you so much for the feedback and kind compliments! :) The new crystals will be great for warmer weather, or I was thinking maybe a "winter ice" type set with the crystal moonlight.

Angie - I haven't tried Atlantic Gems, will have to check them out, thanks! I have used Fire Mountain and have been happy with them too. I like Artbeads because you can order Swarovski by the piece, which is so helpful when you have a small amount to spend.

Post a Comment

I love comments, please leave 'em! :)

My Dear Readers